Onion Show Rules
1. All classes in accordance with National Vegetable Society Rules.
2. Additional Rules for Classes 1 and 18: the Onion must be trimmed above the top of the bulb or below the first leaf joint (max 7.5cm or 3” of stem allowed).
3. Onions and Shallots in all classes to be dressed in natural raffia.
4. No more than one entry per class from any one garden.
5. Every exhibit should be in a sound condition and free from soil or ‘foreign bodies’. NO SIGN OF ROT.
6. Pot leeks should be no more than 6” from root plate to tight button.
7. The Hall will be open for staging on the evening prior to the Show from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm and on the morning of the Show from 6.30 am to 8.00 am, when judging will commence.
8. See map indicating easy access to Hall.
9. All cars to be parked, after staging, in marked car parks. Please park responsibly and with respect for local residents
10. Awards and prize money will be presented at approximately 4.30 pm on Saturday afternoon.
11. Exhibits should be named with the variety where possible.
12. The Onion Fayre Committee shall not be liable for compensation for loss or damage to any exhibit, from whatsoever cause or effect.
13. The Judge’s decision shall be final.
14. Points are awarded as follows: 5 for 1st, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for Highly Commended.
15. Exhibits may be removed from Memorial Hall at 5.00 pm.